Joe D’Angelo —-
No Doubt are taking their Rock Steady to the streets, beginning in mid-March.
The ska-turned-reggae rock quartet will launch its first proper tour in support of its latest album, Rock Steady, with two offshore dates in Puerto Rico and Venezuela, on March 14 and 16, respectively, according to an Interscope Records spokesperson. The Venezuela show is part of the Caracas Pop Festival II. Twenty-one other dates have been confirmed at press time, ending with May 10 in Dallas. Additional shows are expected to be announced later.
Twenty-one other dates have been confirmed at press time, ending with May 10 in Dallas, and additional shows are expected to be announced later. Omaha, Nebraska, indie rockers the Faint will open the North American dates
But before guitarist Tom Dumont, drummer Adrian Young, bassist Tony Kanal and the future Mrs. Gavin Rossdale — singer Gwen Stefani and the Bush frontman became engaged on New Year’s Day — begin the excursion in the U.S. territory, they’ve got some warm-up gigs ahead of them. First, they’ll take the stage at the Super Bowl on Sunday at New Orleans’ Louisiana Superdome, as part of the pre-game show. The band will then perform on February 26 in Los Angeles with the Offspring and Weezer as part of the pre-Grammy night benefit shows for the Recording Artists Coalition.
Since its release in December, Rock Steady has sold more than 967,000 copies, according to SoundScan, and will land at #14 on next week’s Billboard albums chart. The album’s first single, “Hey Baby,” features dancehall rapper Bounty Killer.
“Hella Good” will serve as the album’s next single, and the band is now contemplating a video treatment.
No Doubt tour dates, according to Interscope Records:
- 3/14 – San Juan, PR @ Tito Puente Amphitheater
- 3/16 – Caracas, VEN @ Illusion Amphitheatre
- 3/18 – Sacramento, CA @ Memorial Auditorium
- 3/20 – Seattle, WA @ Paramount Theatre
- 3/23 – Portland, OR @ Roseland Theatre
- 3/25 – San Jose, CA @ Event Center Arena
- 3/27 – Universal City, CA @ Universal Amphitheatre
- 3/30 – Las Vegas, NV @ Hard Rock Hotel – The Joint
- 4/3 – Denver, CO @ Fillmore Auditorium
- 4/5 – Kansas City, MO @ Uptown Theatre
- 4/6 – Chicago, IL @ Aragon Ballroom
- 4/9 – Detroit, MI @ State Theatre
- 4/11 – Toronto, ON @ Kool Haus
- 4/15 – Lowell, MA @ Paul E. Tsongas Arena
- 4/17 – New York, NY @ Roseland
- 4/22 – Philadelphia, PA @ Electric Factory
- 4/25 – Pittsburgh, PA @ Iron City Light Amphitheater
- 5/1 – Lake Buena Vista, FL @ House of Blues
- 5/2 – West Palm Beach, FL @ Sunfest
- 5/4 – Nashville, TN @ River Stages
- 5/7 – Houston, TX @ Aerial
- 5/9 – Austin, TX @ Austin Music Hall
- 5/10 – Dallas, TX @ Bronco Bowl